The Golden Broom goes to Mrs Swinson for keeping her office so tidy all the time. Congratulations Mrs Swinson!
Amy St. in Year 6 was presented with the Shackell Shield in our celebration assembly today. This was given to Amy for being a great friend, for always showing kindness and support to her fellow pupils, in her class and throughout the whole school. Well done Amy – you very much deserve this award.
Each class decided this week that they would like to award Mrs Swinson with a Star of the Week.
The pupils came up with their own reasons why Mrs Swinson deserved her star!
- Nursery – For handing out the Stars of the Week, Bronze, Silver and Gold certificates
- Reception – For doing lots of work, helping us, and being a really nice, very good teacher
- Year 1 – For doing good assemblies and always being kind and caring
- Year 2 – For making our school a fun and exciting place to be
- Year 3 – For working hard all year
- Year 4 – For guiding everyone through the years with kindness and helpfulness
- Year 5 – For being the best Headteacher ever!! Improving the school and helping us to feel safe
- Year 6 – For being a helpful, supportive, outstanding Headteacher, who has made The Lea a very happy place to be
This afternoon we held our annual talent show, which was enjoyed by the whole school. We saw an amazing variety of talents from the children. Well done to everyone who took part. Thank you to Mrs Cross for organising the show. It was all very entertaining!
We held our Year 6 leavers’ assembly this morning. It was a really lovely and rather emotional assembly for both Year 6 and the parents/carers who attended. It seems like only yesterday when Year 6 were beginning their primary school journey at The Lea, some in Nursery and some in Reception. We hope they will take with them on their onward journey many happy memories from their time here and we wish them all the very best for the future as they move on to secondary school. We will miss you all.
In the assembly, the following Year 6 pupils were presented with our annual trophies:
- The Lea Sports Award: Josh Ch, Izzy and Jessie
- The Lea Citizenship Award: Tyler and Clarissa
- The Bishop Award: Madeleine
- The Swinson Award: Holly (this is a new award for a pupil who has shown resilience throughout their time at The Lea)
The children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and 2 brought their favourite teddy to school this morning and enjoyed a teddy bears picnic. Nursery spent time with their Year 2 buddies and Reception were buddied with Year 1. Everyone had a lovely time, including the teddy bears!