Thank you to everyone who bought Christmas cards this year – we raised just under £470 for the school which is great! Thank you to the teachers for finding the time to get the children to design the cards, and a massive thank you to Mariangela Milioto and Judy Arichi for pulling it all together. Much appreciated.
Thank you to those of you who bought a Christmas tree through the school – the initiative brought in £100 for the school.
Thank you to everyone who donated to our poppy appeal. We raised an incredible £338.87, a really fantastic amount for such a worthy cause. The lady who came to pick up the money bags was extremely impressed with how much had been collected.
As you know, The Lea is taking part in Children in Need’s Big Spotacular today. I have been seeing spots before my eyes all day but for a good reason! Thank you everyone for taking part by wearing something spotty to school in return for a £1 donation to Children in Need.
I am pleased to let you know that the total amount raised for Children in Need from our Big Spotacular day
on Friday was £249.87. Thank you everyone for your participation and support!
Our Christmas Fair is only 3 weeks away and it’s shaping up to be a fun event again this year. As usual the PTA relies on the very kind donations given by parents, carers and friends of the school. A reminder of the donations we’d like help with:
- Bottle Tombola for the ‘big people’ – we would like donations of drinkable bottles, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, big or small.
- Chocolate Tombola for the ‘little people’ – we also require chocolates in wrappers or boxes; big or small, advent calendars, etc. all gratefully received! We will be sending out cellophane bags for filling on Friday, 24th November.
- Cake Stall – a plate will also be sent home on Friday 24th November for any delicious baked goods.
- Adopt A Teddy – please donate any unwanted soft toys in a good condition.
- Christmas Stall / 2nd Hand Stall – We are looking for items / gifts in good condition. We are also looking for unwanted ornaments, DVDs, CDs, toys, jigsaws, Christmas decorations, books, etc.
All the above donations will be in exchange for coming to school in non-uniform on Friday 1st December. Please start collecting your donations, but only bring them into school on the morning of the fair as we have nowhere to store them.